Kenya is a brilliant refreshing coffee, perfect for spring. It's sparkling citrus acidity is balanced by a honey-like sweetness. This coffee is for adventurous coffee drinkers who are looking for a lively drinking experience.
Region: Western/Central Kenya
Variety: Ruiru 11, SL28, SL34
Altitude: 1300 - 1900m
Producer: Smallholder Farmers
Grapefruit, Honey, Rose
- This AB lot is blend from various washing stations throughout Western and Central Kenya. The coffees are specially selected, milled and prepared for export at Kahawa Bora mill in Thika, Kenya. Imara means balanced and reliable in Swahili, which perfectly describes this great value coffee.
- Imara blend is composed primarily of SL28, SL32 and Ruiru 11 from small estates and cooperatives throughout Western and Central Kenya. These farms lie in the highlands at 1,300 to 1,900 meters above sea level and benefit from Kenya’s renowned coffee climate and growing conditions.
- All coffees contributed to Imara are fully washed, following Kenya’s very high standards
with regards to postharvest practices.
- Coffees are selectively hand harvested and then sorted to remove any underripe, overripe or damaged coffees. They are then pulped and fermented for 12-24 hours on average,
depending on the local climate. They are then fully washed, and graded by density before being delivered to dry on raised African beds. Some lots contributing to this blend have been soaked in cold, fresh water before drying, as well.
- Coffees are usually rested in conditioning bins after drying in order to stabilize humidity. They will then be delivered to Kahawa Bora Mill in Thika for dry milling, grading and preparation for export.