SCA - Barista Skills Foundation
Time & Location
About the event
SCA Coffee Skills Program - Barista Skills Foundation focuses on the key skills required to set a grinder, make espresso and foam, and texture milk for cappuccinos. This course allows one to gain an introductory understanding of the coffee itself and set a foundation from which to build practical skills for milk technique and latte art, while implementing health and safety practices and customer service. Upon the successful completion of the course and its online written exam, you will receive an Intro to Coffee certificate from the Specialty Coffee Association and will earn 5 credits towards your SCA Coffee Skills Diploma.
Course Language: English (with Turkish translation)
Cost: 1700 TL (inclusive of KDV and SCA certification fee)
Course combo discounts
If you want to take more than one SCA course at Incommon, you can qualify for the following combo pricing:
- Intro & Foundation: 2500 TL
- Foundation & Intermediate: 4400 TL (Members) / 5150 TL (Non Members)
- Intro, Foundation, & Intermediate: 5000 TL (Members) / 5750 TL (Non Members)
In order to register for multiple courses and get the above combo pricing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Combo you are interested in purchasing
- Courses you are interested in registering in as a part of your combo.
- SCA learner number
Included in course fees
- Instructor fees
- Certificate and examination fees
- Any materials and coffee needed during class
- Facility usage
Secure your spot in this course
- Spots in this course are limited.
- Registration is done online through the "Register" link on this event.
- In order to register for your class, you must have a learner number from the SCA. If you don't have a learner number, you can register for one for free at this link.
- Course fees must be paid in full in advance order to secure your slot in a course and are collected online during the registration process.
About the Instructor
Trent Rollings has been in the specialty coffee industry since 2014. He began his journey into specialty coffee in the Philippines where he was first educated and interned at EDSA Beverage Design Studio. Eventually, he and his wife opened Narrative Coffee in the Philippines, a brew bar in the heart of the Makati business district. He went on to become a barista examiner for EDSA which led him to become a national judge for World Coffee Competitions in the Philippines. In 2018, he passed all qualification exams to become a sensory judge for the World Barista Championship and continues judging for national and world level coffee competitions. In late 2018, he moved to Antalya, Turkey with the goal of building the specialty coffee community in the city. In June of 2020, Trent co-founded Incommon, a 200sqm roastery, tasting bar, and coffee workshop located in Konyaaltı, Antalya and shortly after secured hıs accreditatıon as an Authorızed SCA Trainer (AST) in the tracks of Intro to Coffee, Barista Skills, and Brewing. In addition to judging and training, Trent also provides consultations for businesses who are looking to improve their coffee quality. His goal is to build a more collaborative, inclusive, and equitable coffee industry.
- RegularTRY 1,700KDV includedTRY 1,700KDV included0TRY 0